Thursday, August 26, 2010

Blog Post #1- A Little About Me

My name is Talisa Swain and I am from Birmingham, AL. I attended Ramsay High School in Birmingham and moved to Mobile shortly after I graduated in May 2007. I've been attending South Alabama for 3 years, majoring in Mathematics. I chose South Alabama because I wanted to be on my own and I knew that the further away from Birmingham I got, the least likely I would be to call my mom for everything. I'm glad I decided to move here because Mobile is a beautiful (and very HOT) place to live.

I have one younger brother named Steve. He just started UAB about 2 weeks. Unfortunately, we didn't share the same need to be away from home. I also have a Jack Russell Terrier (who I named Russell because I couldn't think of another name). Even though I'm far away from my mom and brother now, we're still very close and all three of us talk to each other everyday.

I don't have many talents cause once I find something I like, I stick to it. I like change, but I'm more of a "stick with what you know and what works" kind of person. I've been playing the saxophone for 12 years, the violin for 6 years, and I tried to teach myself how to play the piano last semester. It didn't turn out too well, but I give myself an "A" for effort. I'm VERY good with math. I always knew that I wanted a job centered around my favorite subject. I was torn between being an Actuary or a math teacher. Becoming a teacher sounded more fulfilling, so I decided to add Education as my 2nd major during the Spring semester.

Hopefully, I do well in this course. I do okay when dealing with technology. I'm not GREAT, but maybe that will change after EDM 310.

4 comments:

  1. Hello Talisa. It's nice to meet you. I'm not sure if we are supposed to comment on each other's first blog post or second, but either way, it's a blessing to meet you.
    I think it's so awesome you play the sax and violin. I love the violin ^_^ And I really hope you can record a sample with one of the tools you'll learn in this class so everyone can hear.
    How old is your baby? My puppy will be six in December.
    Well, be blessed in all your endeavors. I'm sure you will make a splendid math teacher ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's nice to meet you too Pauline. I didn't even think of recording myself practicing for the class. Thanks for the idea. And Russell will be 2 in November.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another musician. I am planning to get you all together for a concert. Watch for details on the assignment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Talisa...It's nice to meet you. I don't know if you follow basketball when you was at Ramsey but I went to Blount High School and we played Ramsey in the championship. We lost but it was a good game lol. Anyways, I see you like math. Do you plan on being a teacher or what? I love math so that's why I'm asking. Well it was nice chatting with you. Hope to see you succeed in whatever you're trying to do.

    ReplyDelete