Sunday, September 26, 2010

Blog Post #5

                               Eagle Nest Radio and Class Blog

Eagles' Nest Radio Blog

I thought these kids were adorable! I feel kind of bad knowing that a 3rd grader can do a podcast and I can't. I loved the sound effects too! I thought all of their posts were very informative and creative. Maybe my group should incorporate some sound effects in the background as well....

Langwitches

I think it's wonderful that the younger students are getting so much technological knowledge so young. You never know who these kids will grow up to be and you never know that what you're teaching could change their lives. Even though these are 6 years and 9 years, they still can go down the wrong path in life. To introduce them to things that will hold their attention and make them want to come to school is amazing.

I liked how this blogger said when she tells the parents what she'll be teaching, they try to switch the conversation over. Some parents even get upset! They don't want their kids around "the stuff" and they don't want them talking to people half way around the world. Why? Because thy don't understand. If the parents could see the students' work, like these podcasts, maybe it would change their minds. Hopefully, this teacher will include some examples in her next parent-teacher conference.

The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom



The speaker brought some very interesting points to my attention. Podcasting is a great way to keep students up to date if they have to be out sick for extended periods of time. They can get their missed assignments and lectures. They can also see their classmates, if the teacher decides to let the students create a podcast for the one who is sick. That would be a fun assignment!

I'm not sure if I would consider myself a "millenial". I think that category should be changed to people born after 1995 or 2000. I was born in 1989 and half of the stuff we do in EDM 310 is brand new for me. I haven't spent the majority of my life around technology and neither has my brother, who was born in 1992. But I do have family members born in 2000 who could pass this class with ease.

1 comment:

  1. Great post Talisa! These students really are amazing. You said, "I feel kind of bad knowing that a 3rd grader can do a podcast and I can't." But you shouldn't feel bad, kids just intuitively know this stuff. Besides they have had this introduced in their classroom at an early age. You could have learned this stuff a long time ago if you would have had the opportunity. SS

    ReplyDelete