Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Final C4K Summary

C4K #8- ShawShaw24

screenshot of ShawShaw24's blog

I commented on a post by ShawShaw24, who is a very intelligent high school senior! Her post was basically about how students should be focused more on learning rather than on what their final grade will be. She also states that teachers should be more concerned with making sure their students know the material instead of constantly finding problems with the work they do. I commented and told ShawShaw24 that I thought this post, as well as other posts on her blog, was excellent. I also told her that I should take a page from her book and focus more on the quality of work I turn in instead of my final grade. I also decided to follow her blog. She has some very interesting thoughts!

C4K #9

Good Things Come Blog Screenshot

For my C4K #9, I commented on a blog by a group of 1st graders. They posted about a garden they had planted at school. They planted strawberries, tomatoes, spinach, corn, and lettuce. They also said they planted marigold flowers to keep the insects away. I told them I thought their garden was amazing and that strawberries were my favorite fruit.

C4K #10-Flat Olivia



Next I commented on a student's Flat Stanley project. I included the link to the Flat Stanley assignment so you could see other examples. The students create paper versions of themselves and send them around the world! I thought that was amazing. I commented on Flat Olivia. She had just left Westford, MA and was currently in Cape Cod. I told her Cape Cod sounded fun and I asked her what were some other places she planned on going.

C4K #11-Helena

Helena's blog banner

My last C4K was for a student named Helena. Helena's post described the setting of the book "By the Great Horn Spoon." Helena said the book is set a ship called the Lady Wilma. Almost everyone aboard the Lady Wilma has gold fever. Helena also said she cannot wait until she finishes the book so she can see what happens. I commented and Helena how far she had gotten with the book and I asked her if she was still enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment